Monday, April 12, 2010

Jesus in 3-D

It is very interesting. I have been a Christian for many many years, thank God. And, Jesus (I guess really God as a whole, the trinity) never ceases to blow my mind both in my life, but more so as I read through the Bible. Even the most basic of stories written will have new meanings at different times. Or, different facts that didn't stick out before, are revealed and new interesting things are learned about God. I love it.

I'm a thinker. I love puzzles, brainteasers, and the like. And so many times that I think I have my brain wrapped around a particular idea about God, than I learn something else that seems to unwrap it and force me to either drop it or go deeper with God's character. At times that just leaves me in a confused state and at other times fires me up. I love it, though. I'm glad that I will never be able to fully understand God.

That is exactly one thing I would want from my creator and leader of my life. If I understood completely, than I might just treat God like a finished puzzle. Take the pieces apart and put it away, to never use again, and move on. I hope that I wouldn't do that, but my human mind and life could go there. I know in this day, age, and culture we try to put Jesus on this linear, 1-dimensional thought process. Many times we think we can take a couple things that we know about Him or what he said and extrapolate a whole theological premise. And Jesus doesn't necessarily need to be approached this way. He hits from a multitude of angles and dimensions to accomplish the goal He has in mind.

Don't get me wrong. There are some absolutes that we know from scripture about God. And, as Christians we can do that by looking at the Bible as a whole and not just nit picking verses to form our own little theology about God. But, there are a load of things that Jesus is teaching us about our life and the world around us and especially about Himself. We just have to go over them again and again, until we understand, and then do it again. It is just crazy, but fun and intriguing.

Anyway, this will lead into a bunch of future posts for me, about some Bible stories that seem pretty straightforward and then have different little facts that just seem to throw things off and we get hit from another angle. They're things that intrigue me and maybe you to. I look forward to your replies and possible added knowledge to them. It's Jesus in 3-D.

1 comment:

  1. I lvoe that God is so big that we are always learning new and interesting things. It is amazing that God is so patient with us. He does not give us all of himself or all of His wisdom at once. We would not be able to take it in and be changed from it. He wants our hearts to be changed and often for me that means a little at a time. I am pretty dumb sometimes and need the same lesson over and over until it finally hits home with me. I think this is why God reveals truths to us from the Bible at different times. So many times when I read a verse it can come to life again. I may have read the verse 1,000 times, but when the holy spirit brings it to life it is so new.

    I am so thankful that I am married to a man full of such wisdom and love. Thanks for being a man of God.

    ReplyDelete